Skip to main content

Featured

THE SUCCESS? IT COMES FROM WHAT YOU ARE WILLING TO FAIL AT

 Going-all in is everything. It keeps us alive, it makes us know ourselves, it makes us know what we want to excel at and yes, it also makes us successful.  Be sure of your success no matter the mistakes     The Latin poet Horace e ncouraged his friend       Massimo Lollio to "dare to be wise" in his "Epistles."     That means "have the courage to know!" Centuries  later, the German philosopher Immanuel Kant adopted the expression as the motto for the Enlightenment movement, saying " Have the courage to think for yourself!" Having courage, daring first and foremost. These tools help us understand our lives and ourselves, and they also help us achieve practical or conceptual goals.  How many times out of pure fear of failing at something do we decide not to even try, or to keep delaying? If we won't succeed, we may think we're not skilled in that area and might avoid it to protect our self-esteem. We always want to feel comfortable an

How I became a British citizen

 British citizen!! πŸ™ŒπŸ€—πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§❤️


In November 2021 I acquired dual Italian / British citizenship. 😁 I feel immensely grateful to this country that has welcomed and raised me over the last 8 years. Naturally, the path has been long.

How do you become a British citizen if you live in the UK? First of all, I applied for the settled status which recognised the years I  lived in England and which allows foreigners to continue living in the UK after Brexit.

12 months after obtaining settled status, you can apply for citizenship for which you must prove that you have lived in the United Kingdom for at least 5 years from the date of application (I have been here since 2013); you must not have spent more than 450 days out of the country in recent years and no more than three months in the last year; of course you must not have broken any law and you must pass an English culture and history test, Life in the Uk, as well as an English language proficiency exam (unless, as in my case, you have studied here and have a Master’s degree – of which I told you about in an old article here).

If after a few months from the submission of the application they give you a positive answer, to conclude everything you participate in an official ceremony. A few days ago then I took part in this ceremony which consists of making an oath / affirmation of loyalty to the UK and the Queen and then receiving the certificate (I have shown  you that day in a reel that I posted on my instagram account).                         

My last years as an emigrant, far from my loved ones and my beautiful previous life in Italy, have been quite hard and complicated but now I’m happy with where I am and I can say that I also love this civilized and evolved country that made me suffer and grow in equal measure.

Happy. It was a sunny November day 🌞

                                                                          

Comments

Popular Posts